Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Waitresses

I'm not sure where I rank in the capabilities of flirtation, but something that completely throws me off are those damn flirtatious waitresses.  Its their job to make sure the customers have a good experience in hopes of getting good tips.  But how far does that line go, cuz there must be one.  I'm not going to compare them to strippers, but at the same time there is a similarity in the fact that you're not supposed to assume that they are showing attraction cuz they want to go home with you.  They are trying to make money.  But damn it they are still girls with human attraction, so there is the chance they are actually attracted to you...right?  I mean when a waitress acts in a different way toward me than toward my boys there could be something there.

Yet there is still such a hesitation from the job description.  If a random girl acted the same way as a waitress at any other locale there would be little if any doubt that she was into you.  Just once I would like to grow the cabinets to leave my number or ask for one just to know.  The worst thing to have in life is a fear of failure...well AIDS are bad too.  I wish I wasn't the type of dude to overly care about what people thought about me, but insecurities can really grab ahold of a guy.  Plus, I refuse to be the type of douche that hits on anyone and anything in a skirt.  They make guys like me look bad, and to become one would just be such a bittersweet victory if I gave into such douchery to score some chick looking for an extra 10%. 

Maybe if I consider it a social experiment I won't feel so bad.  Eventhough I want the confidence to do anything I want, I don't want to sacrifice the qualities that make me a decent human.  I clearly think about shit too much.  I mean I just had this entire conversation today, but no guy seems to have the answers.  "Just do it".  It ain't that fucking easy.  I have never seen anyone approach a waitress and just take the digits so don't act like its a damn cake walk.  I would respect myself for trying just once.  Fuck it.  It needs to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment