Friday, January 29, 2010

Big in '01

Looking back on my life, I thought about how much different stuff was back in 2001.  Obviously, 2001 brings a certain event to mind for people, but I won't get into that.  The importance of '01 to me starts with it being my freshman year of high school.  Weird to think that was like 9 years ago already.  Man, back then I used gel and hair spray, wore K-Swiss shoes, had multi-colored braces, and lacked chest hair.  I had a crush on this girl named Kendall, who had been around the block twice, missing my house both times.  I remember she sat next to me on the bus once and I had to put my backpack on my lap (think about it).  I was an awkward kid, didn't talk a whole lot, not to say I'm completely different now, but I would totally kick '01 me's ass.

The class that I remember the most was Freshman P.E. aka gym class.  I was a decent athlete back then so no one fucked with me too much, but still of course there were assholes trying to get to me at times.  There was this dickcheese...burger named Jess, who would take shots at me from time to time, and I regret to this day not decking him.  Its important to establish early in high school that you're not someone to fucked with, like in prison. 


Everyday at lunch I would get the nasty pizza with soggy french fries and sit outside with my friend.  They had this red line that you couldn't cross until the bell rang and would have a teacher guarding it.  Kids would always sneak past for some reason.  That's retarded.  What are you gonna do, go to class early?   

Oh well good times and bad during freshman year, there are still a lot random things that come to mind about '01.
-I was really into Linkin Park that year.
-"Because I Got High" by Afroman was on the radio like everyday on the bus.
-The whole teen movie buzz was still in full effect with American Pie 2 and Not Another Teen Movie and such.  Those types of movies don't really exist anymore.  Maybe a good thing.
-Jennifer Lopez was still trying to sing.
-Alient Ant Farm was popular.  Where the hell did they go?  They had to be rollin in dough from those 2-3 songs they had.  Must have blown it on meth.
-Some people I knew got really into Lord of the Rings and I never saw them again. 
-I was in love with Jennifer Love Hewitt.  I totally would have pulled the "penis in the popcorn" trick on her.
-Did people really listen to ICP? How gay.  Rapping clowns?  That's about as straight as blowing guys.        

No comments:

Post a Comment